Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Case for Christ for the Intellect

The Christ Connection: How the World Religions Prepared the Way for the Phenomenon of Christ by Roy Abraham Varghese

Christ Connection: How the World Religions Prepared the Way for the Phenomenon of JesusThis was a good book.  Not exactly what I was expecting, but I'm glad I read it.  I thought it was going to be more about the connection other religions share with Christ than it was.  That was covered and it was very interesting, yet the majority of the book then branched from there and talked about evidence that points to the truth of Christ and His Resurrection.  Nearly every, if not all, proposed arguments against Christ was detailed and then logic/proof was given to refute each of the arguments.  The book is well researched and well written.  It is not a quick read and nor a book easily skimmed.  The reader needs to be invested in the book, which isn't a bad thing.

I do enjoy my nook, however, this is one book I wished I had not read on my nook.  I didn't realize there would be several tables in the book.  These were difficult to read and follow on my Simple Touch nook.  It was also difficult to refer back to things which I really wish I could have done more easily.

This is a very interesting book for those who want a serious read about the truth of Christ and His follower's claims, as well as for those who would like to have ready arguments for the scholarly atheists in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment