Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Curiosity Killed the Cat?


Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

This is a really interesting book, especially if you know about autism.  Mark Haddon worked with people with autism and you can tell.  He is spot on with his main character and narrator, Christopher, an autistic 15-year-old.  Christopher is being raised by his father after his mother's death.  His teacher helps him navigate the world, but he is on his own when the killing of a neighbor's dog sets him on a search for the truth.  It's intended target is adults, but some teens may also be moved by the book.  It does contain rough language and hard realities that I wouldn't recommend for any of the teenagers I know, but perhaps others.

I think I mostly enjoyed this book because I deal with autism every day. I laughed and cried throughout the story. It is an interesting story, a short read, and definitely worth checking out.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

No comments:

Post a Comment