Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

What's All the Hype About The Help?

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

I liked The Help, but I didn't think it was fantastic.  There are lots of other books I've read that I liked a lot more and that moved me much more than this book did. 

The HelpIt is a good book, and I liked it, but I didn't love it.  In the beginning of the book, I kept thinking "They don't want "the help" to go to the bathroom in their house but they're okay with "the help" raising their children and cooking their food!?  And then, to think that really was how much of the relationships between them were like, I'm flabbergasted.  Even before you get to the idiocy of racism, they already have no logic.  The lack of logic in people disgusts me. 

Anyway, it's a good book.  If you have a book you really want to read, be sure to read that book before you read The Help.  And then try to get around to reading The Help.  I really wish I could remember more detail of The Secret Life of Bees by Susan Monk Kidd because I'd like to compare them.  I really loved The Secret Life of Bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment